By: Athletic Communications Intern Andrew Zimmerman '22
NEW CONCORD, Ohio—The No. 10 nationally-ranked Baldwin Wallace women's basketball team traveled to Muskingum University and left with a commanding victory over the Muskies by a score of 63-50.
BW (17-3, 14-1 OAC) was led by senior all-OAC forward Lilly Edwards (Dublin/Coffman) on both sides of the ball, scoring 15 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Sophomore forward Sylvie Sonneman (Jamestown/Greenview) also added 9 points in the game.
Muskingum (9-12, 4-10 OAC) was led by freshman guard Caitlyn DeMassimo with 15 points and senior forward Sarah Miller with 11 points and five rebounds.
- Scoring was kicked off by Edwards on the Yellow Jackets' first possession.
- Low scoring 1st quarter as the teams combined for 14 points and the Yellow Jackets held an 8-6 lead entering the 2nd quarter.
- Freshman guard Caely Ressler (Napoleon) hit back-to-back 3PT shots to extend the BW lead to 16-10.
- The Muskies fought back to tie the game up at 19 with 3:33 left in the half.
- The Yellow Jackets went on a 13-0 run to enter the half with a 32-19 lead.
- Senior guard Megan Hensel (Upper Sandusky) threw up a long range 3PT shot and made it to kick off the 3rd quarter.
- Junior guard Regan Schill (Sheffield Village/Elyria Catholic) made both FT shots to extend the BW lead to 40-21.
- Sonneman added two baskets to jump out to a 49-26 BW lead.
- Edwards made a mid-range shot at the final seconds of the quarter to further extend lead to 53-30.
- Edwards and Sonneman exchanged layups to increase the Yellow Jacket lead.
- An Edwards FT shot ended the BW scoring for the day, as the shot extended the BW advantage to 63-40.
- The Muskies added 10 more points to finish the game, but by then the Yellow Jackets had already pulled away, and eventually claimed the 63-50 win.
The Yellow Jackets return to play on Wednesday, February 16 as they host OAC rival No. 8 nationally-ranked John Carroll University at 7 p.m. in Ursprung Gymnasium inside the Lou Higgins Center.