BEREA, Ohio – The No. 13 nationally-ranked Baldwin Wallace University baseball team hosted Oberlin College for a non-conference single game on Fisher Field. The Yellow Jackets (26-6) held the Yeomen (7-21) to just one run and earned the 25-1 victory with 20 hits on the day.
BW was led by homerun hitters senior left fielder Bijan Kamalipour (Frisco, Texas/Jesuit College Preparatory School), junior designated hitter Bryce Holt (Richfield/Revere), sophomore outfielder Mitch Macy (Brecksville/Brecksville-Broadview Heights), junior infielder Carl Pennington (Wadsworth), and senior All-Mideast Region shortstop Alex Ludwick (Brunswick/Padua Franciscan), combining for 12 RBIs and 10 runs. Freshman right hander Dylan Snyder (Stow/Archbishop Hoban) allowed just one run on one hit through five innings on the mound for the Yellow Jackets.
- Oberlin secured its only lead of the game in the top of the first on an RBI groundout to make it 1-0
- BW responded in the bottom of the inning on a sacrifice fly by freshman infielder Sean Kolenich (Parma/St.Edward) to score Ludwick
- The Yellow Jackets tallied 10 runs in the second, highlighted by RBI singles from junior Cooper Harestad (Vandalia/Butler) and junior All-OAC first baseman Luke Vonderhaar (New Bremen) and a grand slam over the left field fence by Kamalipour (11-1)
- In the bottom of the third, BW earned three runs on a sacrifice fly by senior All-OAC right fielder Drew Wilson (Sagamore Hills/Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy) and a two-run single by junior second baseman Ryan Guggenheim (Solon)
- Holt hit a solo homerun over left center field, an RBI double by Vonderhaar to score Ludwick, and an RBI single by Kolenich highlighted a four-run inning for BW, making it 18-1 in the fourth
- Macy hit a three-run bomb over center field and Pennington hit a solo homerun over left field to extend BW's lead to 23-1 in the fifth
- In the bottom of the sixth, a two-run homerun over right field hit by Ludwick earned the Yellow Jackets the big 25-1 advantage
- BW claimed the huge 25-1 victory as the Yeomen stayed scoreless in the remaining innings
On the Mound
- Snyder earned the win (1-0) and struck out two batter
- Freshman right hander Seve Cantini (Roaming Shores/Jefferson Area) relieved, throwing just two innings but striking out five batters
- Senior right hander Brandon Skory (Parma/Valley Forge) pitched one inning and struck out one
- Junior right hander Ethan Boyko (North Royalton) threw the last inning and struck out one batter
The Yellow Jackets return to action on Tuesday, April 26 as they travel to Akron to face the Zips in a single game. First pitch is set for 2:00 p.m. on Skeeles Field.