WESTERVILLE, Ohio – The Baldwin Wallace University women's track and field team opened its 2022 indoor season at the Otterbein Invitational, hosted by Otterbein University in the Clements Recreation Center. Team scores were unscored.
On the track highlights include:
- Senior All-OAC and Academic All-OAC distance runner Alyssa Laughner (Howard, Pa./Central Mountain) placed second in the 5000-meter run in a time of 19:13.61 and second also in the 1000-meter fun in a time of 3:07.05 and eighth in the one-mile run in a time of 5:25.79.
- Sophomore All-OAC distance runner Hope Murphy (Mogadore) placed second in the 500-meter dash in a time of 1:22.41 and finished sixth in the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:04.79.
- Freshmen Makenna Voytek (Valley View / Cuyahoga Heights) placed seventh in the 60-meter hurdles in a time of 11.29 seconds.
- Freshmen Abby Collier (Dublin / Coffman) placed eighth in the 200-meter dash in a time of 28.00 seconds.
- Sophomore Cassie Kolonchuk (Canal Winchester) placed sixth in the 3000-meter run in a time of 11:10.14.
On the Relay Side:
- The 4x200 meter relay squad of sophomore Lexie Gozdan (Canton / Massillon Perry), Collier, Voytek, and freshmen Sam Varga (Louisville / Lake Center Christian) placed first in a time of 1:55.00.
- The 4x400 meter team of Murphy, Collier, Gozdan, and Voytek finished in fourth with a time of 4:24.78.
Field event highlights:
- Senior Gloria Jurcisek (Cleveland / Normandy) placed sixth in the high jump at a height of 1.49m.
- Freshmen Abby Lorincz (Avon) placed sixth in the long jump with a distance of 4.56m.
- Sophomore Emily Randall (Mount Gilead) placed seventh in the triple jump with a distance of 9.04m.
- Junior All-OAC Abby Rodriguez (Grandview, Wash. / Prosser) placed third in shot put with a distance of 11.70m
- Freshmen Catherine Dial (Cleveland / Saint Joseph Academy) finished fourth in weight throw with a distance of 13.75.
BW will partake in its home-opening meet on Saturday, January 29 for the Dr. Taraschke Team Challenge at 10:00 a.m. in the Lou Higgins Center Fieldhouse.