Berea, Ohio - Sophomore All-OAC distance runner Hope Murphy (Mogadore) of Baldwin Wallace University women's outdoor track and field team claims her own held school record at hosted NCAA "Last Chance" meet, the Harrison Dillard Twilight inside George Finnie Stadium.
The Yellow Jackets individual events highlights included:
- Murphy placed second in the 1500-meter run in a time of 4:26.27, breaking her own record from Jessie Owens Classic in a time of 4:32.61.
- Senior All-American Alyssa Laughner (Howard, Pa./Central Mountain) placed second in the 3000-meter steeple chase in a time of 10:38.11.
- Freshmen Abby Collier (Dublin / Coffman) placed fifth in the 400-meter dash in 1:00.47 and sixth in the 200-meter dash in a time of 25.74 seconds.
- Junior Academic All-OAC selection Maddie Miller (Medina) placed ninth in the 5000-meter run in a time of 19:14.19.
Field events highlighted:
- Junior All-OAC Abby Rodriguez (Grandview, Wash. / Prosser) finished 10th in shot put with a distance of 38' 6"
- Senior Gloria Jurcisek (Cleveland / Normandy) finished eighth in the women's high jump with a height of 5' 1¼"
- Freshman Abby Lorincz (Avon) placed eighth in the long jump with a distance of 15' 8¾". and eighth in the triple jump with a mark of 31' 9½"
- Freshman Sarah Pounder (Vienna, Va. / George C. Marshall) placed 18th in the hammer throw with a distance of 126' 11".
The Yellow Jackets will now wait and see which athletes qualify to the 2022 NCAA Outdoor National Championships, hosted Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 26-28 at the Spire Institute in Geneva, Ohio.