Cleveland - The Baldwin Wallace University women's indoor track and field won the Ed Finnegan Greater Cleveland Colleges Invitational with 156 points, hosted by Case Western Reserve in Veale Center Fieldhouse.
On the track highlights include:
- Sophomore All-OAC distance runner Hope Murphy (Mogadore) won the one mile breaking an 11-year old record in a time of 4:57.05 and won the 500m in a time of 1:21.09.
- Senior All-OAC and Academic All-OAC distance runner Alyssa Laughner (Howard, Pa./Central Mountain) won the 1000m in a time of 2:59.90.
- Freshmen Abby Collier (Dublin / Coffman) won the 200m in a time of 26.94 seconds and second in the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:00.48.
- Junior Maddie Miller (Medina) placed third in the 800m in a time of 2:34.34.
- Sophomore Lexie Gozdan (Canton / Massillon Perry) placed third in the 60m dash in a time of 8.40 seconds.
- Freshmen Makenna Voytek (Valley View / Cuyahoga Heights) placed fourth in the 60-meter hurdles in a time of 10.52 seconds.
Field event highlights:
- Junior All-OAC Abby Rodriguez (Grandview, Wash. / Prosser) won in shot put with a distance of 11.75m.
- Junior Elizabeth Schultz (North Olmsted) placed second in weight throw with a distance of 14.94m.
- Sophomore Emily Randall (Mount Gilead) placed sixth in triple jump with a distance of 8.92m.
- Junior Hannah Pack (Minster) placed 10th in the high jump of height of 1.30m.
- Freshmen Grace Beil (Boardman) placed fourth in the long jump with a distance of 4.46m.
On the Relay Side:
- The 4x400 meter team of freshmen Ellie Leeds (Lockport, N.Y. / Akron Central School), freshmen Molly Skinner (Dayton / National Trail), Senior Ky'leana Allen (Columbus / Bishop Hartley) and freshmen Maura Devine (Baden, Pa. / Ambridge Area) placed second with a time of 4:36.84.
The Yellow Jackets are back in action when it competes at the two-day Ohio Athletic Conference Indoor Championships on Saturday, February 25-26, hosted by Mount Union inside the Peterson Fieldhouse.