DELAWARE, Ohio. - The Baldwin Wallace University women's track and field team finished fifth at the competed at the Marv Frye Invitational on George Gauthier Track inside Selby Stadium.
The Yellow Jackets individual events highlights included:
- Senior All-American Alyssa Laughner (Howard, Pa./Central Mountain) won the 1500-meter run in 4:42.75.
- Freshmen Ellie Burns (Louisville,Ky. / Assumption) placed third in the 300-meter steeple chase in a time of 13:52.92.
- Sophomore Lexie Gozdan (Canton / Massillon Perry) finished fourth in the 400-meter hurdles in a time of 1:14.15.
- Senior All-OAC Ky'leana Allen (Columbus / Bishop Hartley) finished 10th in the 400-meter dash in a time of 1:06.09 and 14th in the 200-meter dash in 28.79 seconds.
- Freshman Erica Bowers (Martinsburg, W. Va. / Hedgesville) placed 19th in the 100-meter dash in 14.64 seconds.
- Freshman Cori Wentz (Mansfield / Ontario) placed 14th in the 5000-meter run in a time of 21:10.53.
Field event highlights:
- Junior All-OAC Abby Rodriguez (Grandview, Wash. / Prosser) won shot put with a distance of 12.39m and fifth in javelin throw with a distance of 23.56m.
- Senior Gloria Jurcisek (Cleveland / Normandy) placed fourth in long jump with a distance of 4.74m.
- Freshmen Ellie Leeds (Lockport, N.Y. / Akron Central School) placed ninth in high jump with a height of 1.33m.
- Freshman Avery Wilks (Fruitport,Mich / Fruitport) placed 16th in discus throw with a distance 30.37m.
The Yellow Jackets are back in action for the two-day meet Friday, April 15th when it travels to Tiffin for Tiffin Track Carnival hosted by Heidelberg University inside Hoernemann Stadium.