MARIETTA, Ohio – The Baldwin Wallace University men's tennis team picked up a road Ohio Athletic Conference victory over Marietta College by a final score of 8-1 at the Beren Tennis Center.
With the victory, BW moved to 11-4, 2-2 OAC meanwhile Marietta fell to 3-10, 0-4 OAC.
Doubles (BW 3-0)
- The No. 1 pairing of junior Trey Kernan (Penfield, N.Y.) and freshman Matt McGee (Ottawa Hills) got back into the winning column with an 8-2 victory over Elivh Perez and Spencer Hall.
- At the No. 2 position freshmen Jack Hindman (Avon) and Caleb Reed (Wilmington) picked up their first victory playing together by a score of 8-4 over Tyler Wise and Elliot Britton.
- In the No. 3 spot, freshmen Aidan Hicks (Oneida, N.Y.) and Adam Zeidler (Bay Village/Bay) won by forfeit due to Marietta not having enough players.
Singles (BW 8-1)
- McGee cruised to a victory at the No. 1 spot with a 6-1, 6-0 victory of Perez.
- In the No. 2 spot, Kernan defeated Hall by scores of 6-2, 6-1.
- At the No. 3 position, Hicks knocked off Wise by scores of 6-1, 6-2.
- Junior All-OAC performer Anthony Tosatto (Creston/Norwayne) fell to Britton in three sets by scores of 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8).
- Zeidler picked up a win at the No. 5 singles in straight sets over Gavin Donnell by scores of 6-0, 6-0.
- Hindman won No. 6 singles due to forfeit.
The Yellow Jackets return to action on Wednesday, April 27th when the team hosts crosstown rival John Carroll University on the Pop Collins Tennis Courts at 3:30 p.m.