By: Athletic Communications Student-Assistant Corey Friedrich '22
BEREA, Ohio – The Baldwin Wallace University men's tennis team fell short in an Ohio Athletic Conference game with a 9-0 loss to John Carroll University on the Pop Collins Tennis Courts.
BW falls to 11-5 (2-3 in OAC) on the season with the loss. John Carroll improves to 8-7 (5-0 in OAC) after the win.
Doubles Play (John Carroll, 3-0)
- Freshman Matt McGee (Ottawa Hills) and junior Trey Kernan (Penfield, N.Y.) fell 8-5 in No. 1 doubles to John Carroll's Gustavo Garcia and Mark Beebe.
- In No. 2 doubles, junior All-OAC and Academic All-OAC Anthony Tosatto (Creston/Norwayne) and freshman Caleb Reed (Wilmington) fell 8-0 to Logan Langovsky and Alvaro Rosabal.
- Freshmen Adam Zeidler (Bay Village/Bay) and Jack Hindman (Avon) fell short in a tight No. 3 doubles match by a score of 8-7 (7-5 tiebreaker) against Sean Padden and Nathan Palinkas.
Singles Play (John Carroll, 6-0)
- McGee lost No. 1 singles 6-4, 6-1 against Garcia.
- Kernan fell to Langovsky in the No. 2 match by scores of 6-4 and 6-2.
- Tosatto dropped the No. 3 match to Beebe by scores of 6-1, 6-0.
- Zeidler lost by scores of 6-4 and 6-3 to Palinkas in the No. 4 match.
- Hindman fell in the No. 5 match by identical scores of 6-0 to Hines.
- Reed fell by scores of 6-4, 7-6 (7-0 tiebreaker) to Millspaugh.
The Yellow Jackets will close out their regular season on Saturday, April 30, when they travel to Bexley for an OAC match against Capital University at 1:00 p.m at Wolfe Park.