HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The Baldwin Wallace University men's tennis won its second game of the Spring Break Trip as they beat Brevard (N.C.) College in a non-conference match by a final score of 8-1 on the Hilton Head Resort Tennis Courts.
Doubles (BW, 2-1)
- BW's (7-1) No. 1 double pair of junior Trey Kernan (Penfield, N.Y.) and freshman Matt McGee (Ottawa Hills) continued their winning ways with an 8-1 win over Devin Horton and James Srsich.
- Brevard (3-9) got their only point of the match at No. 2 when Ethan McGee and Andrew Ingram won 8-1 over junior All-OAC Anthony Tosatto (Creston/Norwayne) and freshman Caleb Reed (Wilmington).
- At No. 3 the freshman duo of Aidan Hicks (Oneida, N.Y.) and Adam Zeidler (Bay Village/Bay) secured a 2-1 advantage for the Yellow Jackets with an 8-4 victory over Peter Bresko and JaMarcus Walker.
Singles (BW, 8-1)
- In what proved to be the game-clinching match Matt McGee took down Ethan McGee at No. 1 by scores of 6-1, 6-4.
- Kernan took home the first win in the singles portion of the match by scores of 6-0, 6-2 over Srsich.
- In the No. 3 match, Hicks picked up a win over Ingram by scores of 6-3, 6-0.
- Tosatto battled in each set of the No. 4 singles and picked up a victory with scores of 6-3, 6-3 over Bresko.
- At No. 5, Zeidler picked up the fifth consecutive singles win of the match for BW with scores of 6-3, 6-4 over Walker.
- In the rain-shortened No. 6 singles freshman Jack Hindman (Avon) didn't drop a point as he won his match 6-0, 5-0 over Brian Seon.
BW return to the courts on Thursday, March 10 when the team continues their Spring Break Trip with a non-conference match against St. John Fisher (N.Y.) College at 4:30 p.m. at the Shipyard Racquet Club.