CLEVELAND – The Baldwin Wallace University women's swimming and diving team drops a non-conference match up against Case Western Reserve by a final score of 248-46 in the Veale Natatorium.
The Yellow Jackets individual highlights included:
- Sophomore Jami Melzer (Bradenton, Fla. / Lakewood Ranch) placed third in the 1000-yard freestyle in a time of 10:48.60.
- Senior All-Ohio Athletic Conference performer Kayla McClintock (Venetia, Pa. / Peters Township) finished fifth in the 200-yard freestyle in a time of 2:08.90.
- Junior Natalie Kehoe (Parma / Padua Franciscan) placed fifth in the 50-yard backstroke in a time of 31.83 seconds.
- Freshmen Mattie Hicks (Oneida) placed fifth in the 50-yard breaststroke in a time of 35.88 seconds.
- Freshman Mallory Dondorfer (Mentor) finished second in the 100-yard individual medley in a time of 1:04.33 and fifth in the 100-yard butterfly in a time of 1:03.11 and placed fourth in the 50-yard butterfly in a time of 28.09.
- Junior All-OAC performer Julia Newbould (Strongsville) placed fourth in the 50-yard freestyle in a time of 26.39 seconds.
- Sophomore Lauren Slife (Westfield Center/Cloverleaf) placed fifth in the 100-yard freestyle in a time of 59.71 seconds.
- Senior All-Ohio Athletic Conference performer Bella Ratino (Mentor/Hawken) finished fourth in the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 1:05.82.
- Sophomore Tia Reed (Bluffton, S.C.) placed third in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 1:11.83.
- Sophomore Kate Wells (Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Hills) finished fourth in the 500-yard freestyle in a time of 5:53.40.
BW relays were highlighted by:
- The 200-yard medley relay of Ratino, Reed, Newbould and Dondorfer placed fourth in a time of 2:00.37.
- The 200-yard freestyle squad of Newbould, McClintock, Ratino, and senior Emily Newcamp (Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Hills) finished fifth in a time of 2:02.03.
The Yellow Jackets are back in action at the three-day Ohio Athletic Conference Championships on Thursday-Saturday, February 17-19 at the Ocasek Natatorium in University of Akron. Preliminary action begins each day at 10 a.m. with finals to be held each night at 6 p.m.