By: Athletic Communications Student Intern Andrew Zimmerman '22
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, Ohio – The Baldwin Wallace University's women's tennis team went on the road to face crosstown rival John Carroll University in an Ohio Athletic Conference match and fell by a score of 6-3 on the Short Family Tennis Courts.
With the victory, Baldwin Wallace falls to 4-11 (3-3 OAC) and John Carroll improves to 9-6 (5-1).
Doubles (JCU 2-1)
- Senior All-OAC Ashtyn Morris (Salem) and sophomore All-OAC Gabriela Heideman(Doylestown/Wadsworth) edged out the partnership of Megan Reese and Jaclyn Voss by a match score of 8-7
- The No. 2 doubles pair of freshman Hanna LeMaster (Avon) and sophomore Kierstyn Yates(Grafton/Midview) fell to Mia Zivkovic and Caroline Chandler by a score of 8-3.
- Freshmen Mattie Hicks (Oneida, N.Y.) and Emma Trost (Norwalk) fell to Emily Duckett and Morgan Little by a match score of 8-2.
Singles (JCU 6-3)
- In the No. 1 singles match, Heideman fell to Reese by match scores of 6-1, 6-1.
- The No. 2 singles match was won by Yates over Zivkovic by opponent withdraw.
- In the No. 3 singles match, LeMaster picked up a close win over Chandler by scores of 8-6, 3-6, 1-0 (11-9).
- Trost fell in the No. 4 singles match to Crumpler by scores of 7-5, 6-2.
- Hicks fell in the No. 5 singles match to Voss by match scores of 6-2, 6-2.
- In the No. 6 singles match, sophomore Juliet Penrod (Macedonia/Nordonia) was swept by Duckett by match scores of 7-5, 6-3.
The Yellow Jackets return home and host an OAC match against Capital University in the season finale. The action will take place at 1:00 p.m. on the Pop Collins Tennis Courts.