BEREA, Ohio – The Baldwin Wallace University women's tennis team secured the No. 4 seed in the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament as they took down Capital University in the final OAC match of the season. The Yellow Jackets claimed a 5-4 victory on the Pop Collins Tennis Courts.
With the win, BW moves to 5-11, 4-3 OAC and Capital falls to 5-8, 3-4 OAC.
Doubles (BW, 2-1)
- In the No. 1 doubles, sophomore All-OAC Gabriela Heideman (Doylestown/Wadsworth) and sophomore Kierstyn Yates (Grafton/Midview) claimed an 8-6 victory over Kelli Wright-Lovell and Anna Fletcher.
- At the No. 2 spot, senior All-OAC and Academic All-OAC Ashtyn Morris (Salem) and junior Academic All-OAC Lizzy Cole (Shaker Heights) cruised past Amy Wright-Lovell and Josie Nichols with an 8-1 win.
- The Comets got their first point of the match as senior Kami DiRocco (Akron/Copley) and freshman Hanna LeMaster (Avon) fell by a scoe of 8-5 to Nicole Flock and Haley Singleton.
Singles (BW, 5-4)
- In the No. 1 spot, Heideman fell to Kelli Wright-Lovell by scores of 6-1, 6-4.
- In the No. 2 spot, Yates dropped in three sets to Fletcher by scores of 5-7, 6-2, 6-4.
- In the No. 3 spot, LeMaster cruised past Flock with a 6-2, 6-3 victory.
- At No. 4, Cole fell to Amy Wright-Lovell by scores of 6-4, 6-2.
- In the deciding point, freshman Emma Trost (Norwalk) took down Nichols by scores of 6-1, 7-6 (9-7).
- At No. 6, freshman Mattie Hicks (Oneida, N.Y.) took down Karen Kanke by scores of 6-3, 6-4.
The Yellow Jackets return to action as the No. 4 seed in the OAC Tournament. They will a quarterfinal match against Capital.