GROVE CITY, Pa. – The Baldwin Wallace University softball team swept a non-conference rain and darkness shortened doubleheader against Grove City College on the College Softball Field.
BW (7-13), who has now won six of its last eight games, took the opening game by a final score of 3-1. The Yellow Jackets won the second game in five innings as rain and darkness forced the game to be called with a final score of 5-4.
In game one, BW scored three runs on nine hits as they plated one run in the fifth inning and two in the seventh. Grove City (8-10) scored one run on two hits as they pushed their lone run across the plate in the fourth inning.
At the Plate
- Freshman right fielder Sara Frederickson (Lake Balboa, Calif./Notre Dame) was 2-for-3 with a career-high two runs batted-in (RBIs)
- Junior Academic All-Ohio Athletic Conference second baseman Alicia Saxton (Boardman) was 2-for-3 with two runs scored
- Freshman left fielder Kenzie Morsillo (Middleburg Heights/Padua Franciscan) was 2-for-2 with a walk
- Sophomore All-OAC shortstop Emily Mau (Broadview Heights/Brecksville-Broadview Heights) was 2-for-4 with an RBI
In the Circle
- Junior All-OAC right hander Nikki Camarati (Brunswick/Holy Name), who is this week's OAC Pitcher of the Week, picked up her fourth win of the season as she allowed one run on two hits with 15 strikeouts and four walks in her 42nd career complete game
In game two, the Yellow Jackets scored five runs on 10 hits as it plated two runs in the first inning, two in the second and one in the fourth. The Wolverines scored four runs on eight hits as it pushed one run across the plate in the first inning and three in the fifth.
At the Plate
- Sophomore All-OAC catcher Bridie Bricker (Brook Park/Berea-Midpark) was 3-for-3 with a double and run scored
- Senior All-OAC designated player Ashley Matousek (Sagamore Hills/Akron Archbishop Hoban) 2-for-3 with a double, RBI and run scored
- Sophomore center fielder Lexy Coggins (Vermilion/Firelands) was 1-for-2 with an RBI
- Senior Academic All-OAC right fielder Amanda Crisler (Lorain/Amherst) was 1-for-2 with a run scored
- Sophomore third baseman Julia Gersey (Solon) provided an RBI of a sacrifice fly
- Frederickson was 1-for-3 with two RBIs
- Saxton was 1-for-3 with a run scored
- Mau was 1-for-3 with a run scored
In the Circle
- Junior righty Hannah Welling (Ravenna) won her second straight outing as she allowed four runs (three earned) on eight hits with seven strikeouts and one walk in 4.1 innings pitched
- Camarati earned her second save in the last three games as she did not allow a run or hit in two-thirds of action with two strikeouts and one walk.
BW is back in action on Saturday, April 9 when it hosts an OAC doubleheader against Capital University on the BW Softball Field at the Roehm Athletic Complex at 1 p.m.