BEREA, Ohio – With two late game heroics by sophomore All-Ohio Athletic Conference shortstop Emily Mau (Broadview Heights/Brecksville -Broadview Heights) and sophomore All-OAC catcher Bridie Bricker (Brook Park/Berea-Midpark), the Baldwin Wallace University swept an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader over Capital University with a pair of walk off victories on the BW Softball Field at the Roehm Athletic
Mau's game-winning run batted-in on a fielder's choice in the bottom of the seventh inning gave BW (9-13, 4-2 OAC) a 2-1 victory in the opener. Bricker's RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning secured the 4-3 victory in the night cap.
In game one, BW scored two runs on eight hits as it scored both of its runs in the seventh inning. Capital (3-17, 1-7 OAC) scored one run on two hits as it pushed it lone run across the plate in the sixth inning.
At the Plate
- Mau was 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and two stolen bases
- Senior All-OAC designated player Ashley Matousek (Sagamore Hills/Akron Archbishop Hoban), junior Academic All-OAC Alicia Saxton (Boardman), Bricker, sophomore center fielder Lexy Coggins (Vermilion/Firelands), sophomore third baseman Julia Gersey (Solon) and freshman right fielder Sara Frederickson (Lake Balboa, Calif./Notre Dame) all had a base knock
- Matousek had a double
- Coggins scored the game winning run
In the Circle
- Junior All-OAC right hander Nikki Camarati (Brunswick/Holy Name), who is this week's OAC Pitcher of the Week, tallied her fifth win of the season as she allowed one run (unearned) on two hits with 12 strikeouts and a walk.
In game two, BW scored four runs on 12 hits as it scored three runs in the first inning and one in the ninth. The Comets scored three runs on seven hits as it pushed two runs across the plate in the first inning and one in the fourth
At the Plate
- Coggins was 3-for-4 with a career-high two doubles
- Bricker was 3-for-5 with the game-winning RBI
- Saxton was 2-for-5 with two runs scored, including the game-winner in the ninth, and an RBI
- Senior Academic All-OAC right fielder Amanda Crisler (Lorain/Amherst), Gersey, Mau and freshman left fielder Kenzie Morsillo (Middleburg Heights/Padua Franciscan) all had a base knock
- Mau had walk and stolen base
- Gersey had a run scored and a walk
In the Circle
- Junior righty Hannah Welling (Ravenna) pitched a career-high 7.1 innings of decision ball as she allowed three runs (two earned) on six hits with seven strikeouts and one walk
- Camarati picked up her second win of the day and her sixth of the season as she did not allow a run or hit with one strikeout and one walk in 1.2 innings pitched.
The Yellow Jackets have a busy week on the diamond next week as they play OAC doubleheaders on Monday, April 11 at crosstown rival John Carroll University, on Wednesday, April 13 at home against Heidelberg University and on Friday, April 15 at Otterbein University. Monday and Wednesday's doubleheaders are scheduled for 3 p.m. with Friday's game slated for a 1 p.m. Good Friday start.