BEVERLY, Ohio - The Baldwin Wallace University women's golf team opens the spring portion of their season as the Yellow Jackets place first at the Pioneer Classic at the Lakeside Golf Course.
BW was ninth of 11 teams in the two-day outing with a total of 756 strokes on the par-70 and 6,318 yards Lakeside Golf Course layout. Glenville State College won the classic with a total of 644 strokes.
The top five leading the Yellow Jackets:
- Senior Leah Metzger (Ashland) tied for 23rd place while carding rounds of 89 and 92 with a total of 181.
- Senior Kelly Linnabary (Westerville / Central) finished 37th and tallied rounds of 100 and 89 with a total of 189.
- Sophomore Morgan Briley (Brunswick) tied for 39th with rounds of 97 and 95 with a total of 192.
- Freshmen Brooke Newsome (Clyde) tied for 41st while carding rounds of 98 and 96 with a total of 194.
- Freshmen Lauren Neher (Norwalk / Edison) placed 49th with rounds of 106 and 102 with a total of 208.
Playing as indivuduals:
- Freshmen Lexy Kovach (Strongsville / Magnificat) finished in 56th place and posted rounds of 113 and 104 for a total of 217.
- Junior Academic All-Ohio Athletic Conference selection Kaitlynn Olak (Norwalk/St. Paul) placed 57th with rounds of 113 and 106 with a total of 219
- Sophomore Chloe Thomas (Norwalk) tied for 58th and carded rounds of 111 and 115 with a total of 226.
BW is back in action on Saturday, March 26th when it travels to Alliance for the two-day outing at the Mount Union Spring Invitational hosted by Mount Union at Tannehauf Golf Club.