BEREA, Ohio – The No. 1 seeded and regular season champions Baldwin Wallace University men's lacrosse team cruised past No. 5 seeded Capital University in the Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament Semifinals by a final score of 15-5 on the Tressel Field inside George Finnie Stadium.
BW Leaders (14-3)
- Sophomore midfielder Hunter Boehm (Delaware/Olentangy) led with a career-high four goals.
- Junior All-OAC midfielder Kyler Byerly (Pittsburgh, Pa./North Allegheny) scored four goals and added three assists.
- Sophomore All-OAC attacker Jake Nanosky (Medina) led with four assists and scored one goal.
- Junior All-OAC defender Neil Randall (Manhattan Beach, Calif./Palos Verdes) set a new school record for most caused turnovers in a game with eight.
- Junior All-OAC goalkeeper Joe Storner (Louisville, Ky./St. Xavier) led with seven saves.
Capital Leaders (9-9)
- Mason Spaulding led with two goals.
- Sam McInturf led with 12 saves.
1st Quarter (BW, 4-0)
- 11:40 Freshman attacker Jake Schorling (Westerville/Central) kicked off the scoring with an assist going to Byerly. (BW 1-0)
- 04:47 Senior midfielder John Schulte (Grosse Pointe, Mich./South) extended the lead off an assist from Nanosky. (BW 2-0)
- 1:56 Sophomore midfielder Noah Bartos (Lancaster, N.Y.) got the third consecutive goal for the Yellow Jackets off an assist from Schorling. (BW 3-0)
- 0:50 Byerly got his first goal of the day, unassisted. (BW 4-0)
2nd Quarter (BW, 8-1)
- 10:56 Byerly continued to extend the lead as he scored off a junior defender Adam Blose (Butler, Pa./Butler Area) assist. (BW 5-0)
- 10:29 Nanosky scored his only goal of the game, unassisted. (BW 6-0)
- 9:51 The Comets got into the scoring column with a Spaulding goal off a Jack Scharner assist. (BW 6-1)
- 5:09 Byerly gets his hat trick with an unassisted goal. (BW 7-1)
- 1:56 Boehm gets his first goal of the game off a Nanosky assist. (BW 8-1)
3rd Quarter (BW, 11-2)
- 9:54 Boehm gets the scoring going after the halftime break with an unassisted goal. (BW 9-1)
- 9:14 Boehm gets his third consecutive goal this time in a man-up situation, unassisted. (BW 10-1)
- 8:05 Capital ends their scoring drought with a Montgomery goal. (BW 10-2)
- 0:04 With the clock running down, Byerly finds the back of the net for his last goal off an assist from Nanosky. (BW 11-2)
4th Quarter (BW, 15-5)
- 13:40 Boehm gets his fourth and final goal off an assist from Nanosky. (BW 12-2)
- 10:48 Sophomore midfielder Rhys Leach (Canton/GlenOak) gets his first goal of the game off an assist from Byerly. (BW 13-2)
- 5:07 Junior midfielder Jake Branton (Marysville) got in on the scoring action off an assist from Byerly. (BW 14-2)
- 2:49 The last BW goal came from Leach as he tied his career-high with his second goal of the night off an assist from junior All-OAC midfielder Jonas Aquilla (Westlake/St. Edward). (BW 15-2)
- 1:51 Scharner is able to get Capital back on the board with an unassisted goal. (BW 15-3)
- 1:41 Doc Crimmel gets his only goal of the game, unassisted. (BW 15-4)
- 1:21 Spaulding gets his second goal off a Nathan Montgomery assist. (BW 15-5)
The No. 1 seeded Yellow Jackets return to action Saturday, May 7 when they host the OAC Tournament Championship game against No. 2 seeded crosstown rival John Carroll University at 7:00 p.m. on the Tressel Field inside George Finnie Stadium.