BEREA, Ohio. - The Baldwin Wallace University men's track and field team place fifth hosted the 52nd Sparky Adams Invitational inside George Finnie Stadium.
BW individual events highlights included:
- Sophomore Carter Almady (Brunswick) won the 5000-meter run in a time of 15:45.61.
- Junior ShaDaryll Clark II (Brook Park/Berea-Midpark) won the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 14.65 seconds.
- Senior Zach Riggins (Wexford, Pa. / Pine-Richland) finished third in the 3000-meter steeple chase in a time of 10:58.81.
- Freshmen Connor Foody (Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Allegheny) placed sixth in the 800-meter run 800-meter run in a time of 1:59.27.
- Sophomore All-OAC Gehrig Stanley (Twinsburg / Benedictine) placed 25th in 1500-meter run in a time of 4:20.16.
- Freshmen Mason Kooyman (Concord Township / Chardon) finished 10th in the 400-meter dash in a time of 52.38 seconds and 11th in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.89 seconds.
Field events highlighted:
- Sophomore Christian Pfeiffer (Amherst) won the high jump with a height of 1.97m.
- Senior Jake Mantle (North Royalton) placed seventh in hammer throw with a distance 42.13m.
- Clark placed eighth in the long jump with a distance of 5.82m.
- Freshmen All-OAC Mason Kiesel (New London / South Central) placed seventh in shot put with a distance of 13.84m.
- Freshman Thomas Hickman (Oxford / Talawanda) placed sixth in discus with a distance of 40.36m.
On the relay side:
- The 4x100 meter relay squad of sophomore Mason Birkbeck (Wadsworth), sophomore Desmond Manley (Akron / St. Vincent-St. Mary), Kooyman and Clark finished fifth with a time of 44.27 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay squad of Manley, Clark, Foody and Stanley finished seventh with a time of 3:44.66.
The Yellow Jackets are back in action Saturday, April 30th when it travels to Hillsdale, Michigan for the 55th Hillsdale Relays hosted by Hillsdale College on Ken Herrick Track.