BEREA, Ohio - The Baldwin Wallace University men's track and field team hosts the Ohio Athletic Conference Championships inside George Finnie Stadium. BW takes seventh with 24 points. University of Mount Union holds off John Carroll University to takes home the team title with 223 points. John Carroll takes second with 221 points.
The Yellow Jackets individual events highlights included:
- Freshmen Connor Foody (Pittsburgh, Pa. / North Allegheny) placed 13th in the 1500-meter run in a time of 4:08.00 and 20th in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:09.07.
- Junior ShaDaryll Clark II (Brook Park/Berea-Midpark) finished fifth in the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 15.13 seconds.
Field events highlighted:
- Freshmen All-OAC Mason Kiesel (New London / South Central) placed fourth in shot put with a mark of 46' 3½"
- Sophomore Christian Pfeiffer (Amherst) finished fifth in high jump with a height of 6' 4".
- Senior Jake Mantle (North Royalton) placed 11th in hammer throw with a distance 137' 6½".
On the relay side:
- The 4x100 meter relay squad of sophomore Mason Birkbeck (Wadsworth), freshmen Mason Kooyman (Concord Township / Chardon), sophomore Desmond Manley (Akron / St. Vincent-St. Mary), and Clark placed seventh in a time of 44.88 seconds.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Manley, Foody, sophomore Gehrig Stanley (Twinsburg / Benedictine) and Kooyman palced seventh in a time of 3:31.76.
The Yellow Jackets are back in action Friday May 13th when it hosts Harrison Dillard Twilight inside George Finnie Stadium.